The W280-IDC has a powerful 8" C-CAM bass driver and Monitor Audio's unique pivoting IDC module. The module houses a 4-inch C-CAM Rigid Surface Technology (RST) inverted midrange driver, and a 1-inch C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter. The true 3-way design allows bass, midrange, and treble to be reproduced accurently and with superior clarity. Optimum imaging and set-up are established by pivoting the IDC module to direct sound towards the listening area, and by using the on-board high frequency adjustment & boundary compensation controls. The magnetic, trimless grille means the speaker will vanish into your wall, where it will continue to impress each and every time.
- 8" Bass Driver
- 4" Midrange Driver
- 1" Tweeter
- Trimless Grille
- TriGrip - Secure and easy fixing
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way design
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Audio match with CP range 200 models and Silver Series hi-fi speakers.
Monitor Audio W280-IDC
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
30 – 120 W
Drivers Unit Complement
8” C-CAM cone bass driver
pivoting IDC module housing: 4” C-CAM RST inverted mid range driver, 1” C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
HF Level Switch (+3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB), Boundary Compensation Switch
Overall Diameter: (including grille)
441 mm x 288 mm (17 3/8" x 11 5/16")
Overall Depth: (including grille)
97.5 mm (3 13/16")
93 mm (3 11/16")
Cut-Out Hole Diameter
387 mm x 234 mm (15 1/4" x 9 3/16")Fixing TypeTri-Grip